East Hartford Brewing Group
Apply for this Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain regular communication and positive relationships with key retailers.
- Assist Director of Business Development in communicating brewery objectives, priorities, policies, and procedures with wholesaler partners.
- Develop quarterly target list built from goals and objectives.
- Accomplish 40-50 retail account calls per week.
- Represent EHBG at all special events, festivals, and other promotional events in the territory.
- Schedule and attend meetings with distributors to discuss beers, branding, sales and distribution goals, new product launch plans, logistics, marketingPOS, etc.
- Conduct brand training with wholesaler partners, retailers, and consumers
- Responsible for the allocation and use of point-of-sale materials.
- Ensure EHBG quality standards are clearly understood and maintained by retailers.
- Use VIP, or other company provided software, to identify, develop and analyze sales opportunities and other business insights.
- Demonstrate strong retail and wholesale-oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting structures.
- Attend all EHBG meetings as requested.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, target lists, market surveys, etc.)
- Operate effectively within expense budget guidelines and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fun loving, outgoing and positive personality
- Two years of sales experience – working in the craft beer industry a plus
- Strong knowledge of the craft beer industry, the three-tier distribution system, the local craft beer market, and key retailers.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational, and planning skills.
- Exceptional oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking