All four Manchester City teams are up and running in 2021-22, with their respective campaigns set to begin in earnest as we enter the second month of the season.
There will be 20 games split between our men and women’s first teams, Elite Development (EDS) and Under-18s in what is shaping up to be a busy September in which we’ll get under way in the Champions League, the Carabao Cup, the FA Women’s Super League (FAWSL), the UEFA Youth League and the Under-18 Premier League Cup.
So, to ensure you don’t miss a kick, here are the key dates you need to look out for over the next 30 days.
- City v Spurs, 12:45 (UK). Taylor’s side welcome Tottenham to the Academy Stadium for the first home game of the league season. Tickets are on sale now and, for those fans who can’t make it, the game will be available to watch on Sky Sports.
- City v Leipzig, 20:00 (UK). Champions League football returns as Guardiola’s men’s group stage campaign begins. You can register your interest for tickets now and, if you can’t attend, the game will be shown live on BT Sport in the UK.
- EDS v Leipzig, Kick-off time TBC. The return of the Champions League means the return of the UEFA Youth League, with our Under-19s’ fixtures set to mirror the first team. You can follow live updates on Twitter: @ManCityAcademy.
- City v Southampton, 15:00 (UK). The first team welcome the Saints to the Etihad Stadium in the Premier League on a busy Saturday at the Etihad Campus.
- EDS v Crystal Palace, 15:00 (UK). Brian Barry-Murphy’s side entertain Palace at the Academy Stadium.
- U18s v Aston Villa, 12:00 (UK). Our Academy outfit host Villa at the City Football Academy in the Premier League Cup group stage, a competition we last won in 2020.
- City v Wycombe Wanderers, 19:45 (UK). We kick-off the defence of the Carabao Cup in the third round at home to League One outfit, Wycombe, in what is the first meeting between the two teams since 1999.
- Doncaster Rovers v EDS, 19:00 (UK). Our EDS’ Papa John’s Trophy group stage schedule continues at Doncaster and you can follow live updates on Twitter: @ManCityAcademy.
- Chelsea v City, 12:30 (UK). City travel to Stamford Bridge in a repeat of last season’s Champions League final. Ticket information will be released in due course and, if you can’t attend, you can watch it live on BT Sport in the UK.
- EDS v Arsenal, 15:00 (UK). Barry-Murphy’s youngsters welcome the Gunners to the Academy Stadium, which you can follow live on Twitter: @ManCityAcademy.
- U18s v Middlesbrough, 12:00 (UK). Our Academy outfit host Middlesbrough at the Academy Stadium and you can also follow that game on @ManCityAcademy.