Here is a list of known 2022 prospects who visited Ohio State or have been associated with the program or held offers from the Buckeyes (all rankings are from the 247Sports Composite):
* Bruce Thornton, point guard, Alpharetta (Ga.) Milton – The 6-2 Thornton (ranked 23rd nationally) plays for the Each 1 Teach 1 program and will be in the Nike EYBL and Peach Jam. That team is playing in a tune-up event, the Elite 32, this weekend in Atlanta. He made his official visit to Ohio State on June 10.
* Roddy Gayle Jr., shooting guard, Wasatch (Utah) Academy – The 6-4 Gayle (ranked 46th) plays for the New York Renaissance team. They will be in the Nike EYBL and Peach Jam. This weekend, that team is playing in a tune-up event, the Atlantic City Jam Fest. He made an official visit to Ohio State on June 11.
* Bowen Hardman, shooting guard, Cincinnati Princeton – The 6-5 Hardman (ranked 201st) has switched from the Wildcat Select team to the C2K Elite team on the Under Armour circuit. That team is playing in the UAA/UA Rise Session I this weekend in Georgia. It was already tweeted that OSU’s Diebler was on the scene to see Hardman with his new team. He made his official visit to OSU June 14.
Marquette HC Shaka Smart starting off the live period in Atlanta as he takes Wisconsin PGC vs C2K here at Under Armour.
Also spotted in the crowd are assistants from Ohio State (Buckeye commit Bowen Hardman now playing with C2K). pic.twitter.com/PJrKFokmp6
— Endless Motor Sports (@endless_motor) July 8, 2021
* Dillon Mitchell, forward, Spring Hill (Fla.) Bishop McLaughlin Catholic – The 6-7 Mitchell (ranked 30th) plays with Thornton on the Each 1 Teach 1 team. He made an official visit to Ohio State June 20 and is also considering the likes of Florida State, Auburn, Illinois and Tennessee.
* Jarace Walker, power forward, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy – The 6-8 Walker (ranked 11th) plays for Team Thrill and will be at the Under Armour events. He visited Ohio State June 16 and also reportedly saw Auburn, Alabama and Houston.
* Julian Phillips, power forward, Blythewood, S.C. – The 6-8 Phillips (ranked 25th) plays with the Upward Stars in adidas events. He was scheduled to visit Ohio State in June, but it’s unclear if he followed up and made that visit. He reportedly did make visits to Clemson, Florida State and LSU.
* AJ Casey, power forward, Chicago Whitney Young – The 6-8 Casey (ranked 35th) plays with Meanstreets in Nike events. That team will be in a tune-up event in Chicago this weekend. Casey visited Ohio State June 5 and then said he would not make any more visits until the fall. He is also considering the likes of Gonzaga, Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.
* Kyle Filipowski, center, Wilbraham & Monson Academy (Mass.)—The 6-11 Filipowski (ranked 33rd) plays alongside the OSU commit Gayle on the New York Renaissance team in Nike events. They will be in Atlantic City this weekend. He visited Ohio State June 11 (the same time Gayle did). He also visited Syracuse, Indiana and Duke. Boston College may also be involved.
* Donovan Clingan, center, Bristol (Conn.) Central – The 7-1 Clingan (ranked 44th) visited Ohio State June 25. But it appears he verbaled to Connecticut over OSU and Michigan on July 2 and is off the board.
* Felix Okpara, center, Chattanooga (Tenn.) Hamilton Heights Christian Academy – The 6-11 Okpara (ranked 47th) plays for the EAB team on the adidas circuit. He visited Ohio State June 15 and also visited Ole Miss. Others in the running include Florida, Tennessee and Vanderbilt.
* Tarris Reed, center, Branson (Mo.) Link Year Prep – The 6-10 Reed (ranked 71st) plays for the Mokan Elite team on the Nike circuit. He visited Ohio State June 20. He also visited Michigan State. Others involved include Creighton, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Kansas and Missouri.
* Patrick Wessler, center, Charlotte (N.C.) Combine Academy – The 7-foot Wessler (ranked 199th) plays with CC Elite, an independent travel team based in Charlotte. He was reportedly offered by Ohio State during the month of June. Other top schools to offer include Creighton, N.C. State, USC, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest.
* Favour Aire, center, District Heights (Md.) Bishop McNamara – The 6-11 Aire (ranked 70th) was scheduled to make a visit to OSU in late June, but the visit was canceled. He plays with the New World travel program. Georgetown, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland and others have been involved with Aire.
* Shawn Phillips, center, Ypsilanti (Mich.) Ypsi Prep – The 6-10 Phillips (ranked 108th) is a native of Dayton and will likely attend a school other than Ypsi Prep for his senior year. It’s unclear if he has visited Ohio State or remained in close contact with the OSU coaches. His long list of schools seems to include Cincinnati, Dayton, Florida, Indiana, N.C. State, Ohio State, West Virginia, Baylor, Maryland and Villanova.
* Chris Livingston, small forward, Akron (Ohio) Buchtel – The 6-6 Livingston (ranked fifth) plays for the We All Can Go on the adidas circuit. It does not seem that Ohio State has been all that involved with Livingston, who seems to be prioritizing Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis and LSU. He could also opt to pursue a professional path after graduating next spring.