Pettit Marine Paint, a division of Kop-Coat Inc, is seeking an experienced, motivated Sales and Technical Representative for the northern Mid-Atlantic market. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent selling, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills. The ideal individual will be motivated by continuous improvement with a focus on driving sales growth. This is an excellent opportunity to join a winning team in the recreational industry.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Indirect and direct sale of products and services to distributors, boatyards, and retailers and aftermarket repair business.
2. Responsible for year over year sales growth.
3. Develop a robust pipeline of new opportunities in distribution, boatyards and retailers.
4. Coordinate sales efforts and strategy with other departments.
5. Conduct bi-annual growth and strategy meetings with direct buy customers.
6. Maintain positive business relationships for long-term industry partnerships.
7. Attend and network at industry trade shows and events.
8. Expedite resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize customer satisfaction.
9. Manage CRM, monthly reporting, sales and T&E budgets and customer forecasting.
10. Provide training to distributors and end-users.
11. Merchandise national chain and independent retail stores.
12. Organize and Maintain test boat candidates/vessels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience and Education Required
- 3-5 years of previous sales experience in marine or similar industry
- 4 Year Degree Preferred
- Key account management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of value proposition, marketing, finance and distribution
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- NACE, SSPC or similar coatings certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Public Speaking certificate
- Proposal writing certificate
- Regulatory certification
- Product System certification
The job requires frequent travel to customers, which includes overnight travel. Due to the travel requirement candidates should be comfortable with extended driving time to customer site. Typical job requirements would include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and perform hands on applications of technical coatings in environments that could require regular long hours on their feet, stretching, bending or kneeling. Must be able to comply with respirator fit test and wear HSE equipment for long periods of time.
The work environment for this position varies widely based on the customer segment and business goals. Settings can range from office to dockside business meetings. Candidates should be comfortable in a variety of business settings.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPI)
• Sales revenue by:
- Distributors, end-users
- New products
- New customer acquisitions
- Win/Loss ratio
- Regional team goal (BPA)
- Test boat targets
- Market share growth
- Customer pipeline
- Regional team goal (BPA)
- Overall business (GTO)
Resumes can be sent to [email protected]