Sign up here for our daily coronavirus newsletter on what you need to know, and subscribe to our Covid-19 podcast for the latest news and analysis.

Hong Kong and Singapore will announce a start to their highly anticipated two-way air travel bubble as soon as Monday, according to people familiar with the matter, after multiple delays.

Flights under the agreement — which allows people to travel quarantine free between the financial hubs — will begin from May 26, said the people, who asked not to be identified as they’re not authorized to speak publicly. The number of flights will be increased by June 26 if there aren’t further outbreaks in either city, one of the people said.

Hong Kong and Singapore have been working on the creation of a travel corridor for months after plans for a November start were shelved due to a virus flareup in the Chinese territory. A plan to announce its revival last week was also canceled at the last minute by the Singapore side, people familiar with the matter said at the time.

The Hong Kong government’s weekend press office didn’t immediately reply to an email seeking comment. Singapore’s transport ministry referred Bloomberg News to its most recent press release on the matter. Last week, Singapore and Hong Kong said they had not fixed a date to announce the resumption of the bubble, but “will do so once we are ready, hopefully very soon.”