East Hartford Brewing Group
Apply for this Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain regular communication and positive relationships with key retailers.
- Assist Director of Business Development in communicating brewery objectives, priorities, policies, and procedures with wholesaler partners.
- Develop quarterly target list built from goals and objectives.
- Accomplish 40-50 retail account calls per week.
- Represent EHBG at all special events, festivals, and other promotional events in the territory.
- Schedule and attend meetings with distributors to discuss beers, branding, sales and distribution goals, new product launch plans, logistics, marketingPOS, etc.
- Conduct brand training with wholesaler partners, retailers, and consumers
- Responsible for the allocation and use of point-of-sale materials.
- Ensure EHBG quality standards are clearly understood and maintained by retailers.
- Use VIP, or other company provided software, to identify, develop and analyze sales opportunities and other business insights.
- Demonstrate strong retail and wholesale-oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting structures.
- Attend all EHBG meetings as requested.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, target lists, market surveys, etc.)
- Operate effectively within expense budget guidelines and submit reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor.
- Perform additional tasks and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fun loving, outgoing and positive personality
- Two years of sales experience – working in the craft beer industry a plus
- Strong knowledge of the craft beer industry, the three-tier distribution system, the local craft beer market, and key retailers.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational, and planning skills.
- Exceptional oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, a registered, reliable, and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts.
- Must have all applicable and current registrations and/or licenses required by any and all State and other governmental agencies to be a brewery representative.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work will be done in a home office, a vehicle, or the field.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and retail accounts are required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car is required.
BENEFITS AND PAY
- East Hartford Brewing Group offers a competitive compensation package, rewarding work environment and growth for committed professionals.
East Hartford Brewing Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected] telling us a bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit for this job.
** Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply for this Job