For people looking for a job or possible career shift, there’s an open position with unique benefits that could be worth checking out. The main requirement: Must love wine.
A job posting by Murphy-Goode Winery advertises a $10,000 monthly salary, free rent and 30 cases of wine in Sonoma County, California.
Applicants 21 and older must submit a video entry by June 30 detailing why they would be a good fit for this job, the announcement reads.
The first 90 days of the job will be spent “shadowing winemaker Dave Ready Jr. and exploring all aspects of harvest,” the company’s website read. “From there, we will work with you and your passions to help you choose your path in the wine business.”
Other highlights found in the job description and duties include:
- Willing to have your employer pay your rent in the idyllic town of Healdsburg;
- Answers, “yes, please” when someone asks you “red or white;”
- You didn’t choose wine; wine chose you;
- Willingness and excitement to learn about various aspects of the wine industry;
- Explore the many beautiful features of Sonoma Wine Country;
- Provide hospitality to trade and consumers by contributing to a positive winery experience.
Before sending in an application for your possible dream job, the posting states applicants must be able to repetitively lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and that the position is overtime-exempt, requiring flexible hours and some weekend work as necessary.