The Head Brewer is responsible for overseeing wort production, fermentation, conditioning,
clarification, and carbonation of all beer produced by Asgard Brewing Company
main production facility Columbia, TN. This position will supervise and schedule production
brewers and cellar operators working across multiple shifts. The Head Brewer will work with
personnel from the supply chain, packaging, and quality departments to ensure that production
demands are met efficiently and to the highest standards. The Head Brewer will also be
responsible for general brewery upkeep and cleanliness, ensuring safe and efficient brewery
operations, adhering to good manufacturing practices, accurately reporting production activities
and effectively communicating with other staff and departments.
1. Schedules and oversees brewing operations and staff to complete orders for wort
production and subsequent fermentation, conditioning, and clarification.
2. Operates a 12 BBL brew Deck
3. Trains staff on proper procedures.
4. Ensures brewing staff and materials for the scheduled orders are available
and ready for production.
5. Supervises brewery and cellar staff, conducts performance reviews, on-going training
and coaching and ensures adequate and efficient staffing.
6. Oversees compliance and training for brewery safety operations and good
7. All other duties as assigned.
1. Effective Communication.
2. Organizational Skills.
3. Priority Management /Results Driven.
4. Critical thinking, Problem Solving / Adaptability.
5. Use computers and software.
This position has direct supervisory responsibilities for the assistant brewers and warehouse/cellar staff.
It is expected that the incumbent will be
spending time on the brew deck and in the warehouse. These environments can be
loud, hot or cold and wet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move cases of beer up to 25 pounds and 50 to 150
pound kegs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, however employees are expected to be available during the
“core” work hours of 8:00am- 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
as job duties demand.
Must be open and able to travel by all methods.
Occasional travel is outside the local area and overnight stays may be required.
• 2+ years working/managing in a brewing facility
• Knowledge of complex systems, and quality control
• Experience executing maintenance on manufacturing equipment strongly preferred, (forklift, manual pallet jack, transfer pump, Mash lauter tun, boil kettle).
• Team management experience required
• Proficient Microsoft Office suites
• Bachelor’s degree or formal brewing education preferred